A link to FM 7-15 can be found here.
1) What FM covers The Army Universal Task List?
A: FM 7-15
2) (CH7) What is a tactical mission task?
A: A tactical mission task is a specific activity performed by a unit while executing a form of tactical operation or form of maneuver expressed as either an action by a friendly force or effects on an enemy force.
3) What is the movement and maneuver warfighting function?
A: The movement and maneuver warfighting function is the related tasks and systems that move forces to achieve a position of advantage in relation to the enemy.
4) (CH2) What is the intelligence warfighting function?
A: The intelligence warfighting function is the related tasks and systems that facilitate understanding of the operational environment, enemy, terrain, and civil considerations.
5) (CH3) What is the fires warfighting function?
A: The fires warfighting function is the related tasks and systems that provide collective and coordinated use of Army indirect fires and joint fires through the targeting process.
6) (CH4) What is the sustainment warfighting function?
A: The sustainment warfighting function is the related tasks and systems that provide support and services to ensure freedom of action, extend operational reach, and prolong endurance.
7) (CH5) What is mission command?
A: the exercise of authority and direction by the commander using mission orders to conduct unified land operations
8) (CH6) What is the protection warfighting function?
A: The protection warfighting function is the related tasks and systems that preserve the force so the commander can apply maximum combat power.
9) (CH7) What are the offensive operations?
A: Movement to contact, attack, pursuit, exploitation
10) (CH7) What are the defensive operations?
A: Area defense, mobile defense, retrograde
11) (CH7) What are the stability operations?
A: establish civil security, establish civil control, restore essential services, support governance, support economic and infrastructure development, conduct security force assistance
12) (CH7) What are the civil support operations?
A: provide support in response to a disaster or terrorist attack, provide support to civil law enforcement, provide other support as required
13) (CH7) List some tactical mission tasks.
A: Attack by fire an enemy force, block an enemy force, clear an enemy force, contain an enemy force, defeat an enemy force, fix an enemy force, isolate an enemy force, neutralize an enemy force, turn an enemy force
*HINT* All of these tasks end in “an enemy force”. Thus, you only need to remember the first portion of the task. Using ABCD-FINT, you can easily remember 8 tactical mission tasks.